Reporting to the Head of Sales, the Outside Sales Representative is responsible for prospecting and maintaining customer accounts, maintaining a clean Trial Balance of outstanding invoices, and processing quotes/orders for customers. The Outside Sales Rep is the face of the company to the Customer and the Industry, and so is expected to be involved in local industry associations and activities.
- Attend association and networking events involving industry partners and customers
- Create and maintain an active prospecting strategy to attract new customers
- Build and maintain relationships to nurture/grow existing account base
- Manage the quoting & ordering processes
- Customer follow-up and case reporting
- Assisting the Credit department with receivable and change order issues as required
- Training customers on products, features and benefits, and processes ensuring current work instructions and policies are being adhered to
- 2-3 years previous outside sales experience
- Strong computer skills in a Windows environment, with experience with Microsoft office programs.
- Reliable and presentable personal transportation with good driving record required and valid drivers' license
personal cell phone
- Post-secondary education, preferably with an emphasis on marketing/business administration
- Strong communication, problem-solving, and conflict resolution skills
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Outgoing and personable personality
- Professional in appearance and conduct
- Strong relationship and selling abilities.
* Ability to read blueprints and construction plans and access any renovation project is an asset
* Previous experience in the window and door industry, residential renovations, or the general construction industry would be an asset
$35,000.00 Base + Uncapped Commission.