Posted: 24 February, 2022 Job Reference ID: 9694832 Location: Toronto
positions: Building Operator job type: full time,permanent compensation: $44,062.00 – 55,036.00/annually + Company Benefits
Job Type: Permanent / Full Time
Compensation: $44,062.00 – 55,036.00/annually + Company Benefits
Shift: Wednesday to Sunday (10:00 am to 6:00 pm)
About the Company:
Our client is one of the largest Museum in North America. The Museum consists of more than 500 thousand square feet of art displays from around the world. Located in Toronto, they have become a tourism hot spot with a state-of-the-art building system and design that has made them a well-known landmark in Ontario.
The ideal candidate has hands-on experience in electrical, plumbing, life & BAS systems, elevator, chiller & boiler plants. They are seeking a passionate and hardworking Assistant Building Operator to join their team!
- Perform preventative, demand and corrective maintenance throughout the Gallery to preserve art collections; ascertain that lighting, building automation, life safety, water treatment, heating, cooling, refrigeration & CMMS are all in proper and working order
- Adhere to Company policies and procedures in their department
- Develop graphics, scheduling, and all associated modules/components
- Exhibit an excellent customer service skills while building positive relationships with contractors, clients, and various trades
- Clean, replace, repair, maintain and calibrate temperature/humidity sensors
- Investigate, troubleshoot, and resolve BAS problems
- Maintain, repair, and replace pneumatic devices such as heating/cooling valves, damper actuators, humidifiers, etc.
- Create or modify BAS software to ensure proper operation and control of equipment to meet gallery needs
- Maintain or service computerized systems and devices associated with the building’s fire system
- Operate lighting and programming of lighting systems
- Participate in cost saving and energy reduction opportunities
- Execute water treatment analysis
- Assist with housekeeping such as organizing supplies & inventory, painting of walls, cleaning of floors, equipment, and piping
- Minimum of 2 years related work experience in a facility; exposure to large commercial/industrial environment
- Building Environmental System Operator (BES) Certificate or 3rd/4th Class Operating Engineer and Refrigeration Class B License is an asset
- BOMI designation is an asset
- Knowledge of building mechanical, electrical and automated building systems
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act, WHMIS, Safety Regulations and Practices
- Valid safety training certifications (WHMIS, WAH, OHSA in 4 Steps, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Excellent English communication, organization, and problem-solving skills
- Must be willing to work on weekends to suit operational needs of the facility
All applicants please forward your resume to be considered. Skilled Trades Agency would like to thank you for applying.