Posted: 24 March, 2022 Job Reference ID: 9262204 Location: Hamilton
positions: EDM Operator job type: full time,permanent compensation: Commensurate with experience, company benefits
Full Time / Permanent
Level 1 – $28.67
Level 2 – $30.69
Level 3 – $33.25
About the Company:
Our client is a leader in the global fastening and assembly solutions market. With plants in over 25 countries and 1,000’s of employees they are one of the largest companies operating in this industry. They are growing at a rapid pace and are currently seeking an EDM/CNC Operator to join their dynamic team!
- Modify parts on CAD to toolmakers specifications for any changes to old dies, or development of new dies and inform Engineering of changes.
- Use precision instruments to plan, inspect, layout and perform all machining operations
- Maintain and repair machine tools & related equipment
- Set up and operate EDM machinery for use in developmental kick press operations
- Program and draw parts on CAD as required
- Set up EDM machine to properly cut desired pieces
- Set up, program and operate all EDM machines as required
- Clean finished pieces before returning to tool room.
- Measure and inspect for compliance to drawing.
- Perform preventative maintenance as required.
- Perform machine repairs as required and ensuring adequate available inventory of machined parts
- Other duties assigned
- Post Secondary Diploma (minimum 2 year program)
- Ability to program EDM machines a must
- Ability to program CNC machines is preferred
- Basic machine set-up knowledge
- Strong knowledge of blueprint, drawings and specifications
- Proven problem-solving skills
- Ability to work a variety of shifts such as rotating and straight: days, afternoons and/or nights
- Ability to work overtime, as required
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
All applicants please forward your resume to be considered. Skilled Trades Agency would like to thank you for applying.