Posted: 16 April, 2014 Job Reference ID: 6586129 Location: Toronto
positions: Superintendent job type: full time
Our client is an internationally known contractor that provides a full range of services that include design build, preconstruction, construction management and general contracting. Their clients include big name owners throughout Canada and the US like TD Bank, Lowes, The Home Depot, Best Buy and many clients in the educational and public sector. Employing close to 100 industry professionals and having 7 offices throughout North America, they are a great company for anyone that is looking to establish themselves with a big firm.
They are seeking a Construction Superintendent to join their team.
– Responsible for the administration of construction contracts and for obtaining all necessary permits and licenses
– Develop a cost-effective plan and schedule to complete projects
– Oversee performance of all trade contractors and review architectural and engineering drawings to ensure accuracy and regulatory abidance
– Select and coordinate subcontractors throughout all phases of projects
– Ensure and enforce safety compliance throughout jobsite
– Supervise assistant managers, review their reports, handle any reported issues, and correct any safety violations or other reported deficiencies
– Track and control construction schedule and budgets to complete projects within scope of work
– Complete projects ranging from $500K – $3M+
– 7+ years related experience
– Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills
– Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
– Ability to interpret drawings and specs
– Estimating experience (preferred)
Applicants please forward resume to be considered. Skilled Trades Agency would like to thank all for applying.