Posted: 29 August, 2017 Job Reference ID: 1936276 Location: Scarborough
positions: Driller job type: full time
Our client is a leading expert in providing design, installation, construction, and verification and maintenance services for cabled and wireless networks. They company has operated for over 45 years in the industry with nearly 2,500 passionate employees across Canada that are committed to offering turnkey solutions and targeted, dedicated, superior quality services, on time and on budget, to meet customer’s needs and requirements.
They are seeking a Directional Driller to join their team.
– Operate a Vermeer Directional Bore machine and drive the support vehicle(s) used to transport this equipment to various project sites
– Load and unload the directional bore equipment in a manner that is secure and damage free
– Transport associated tools, materials and/or equipment in a safe manner
– Complete Driver’s logbook and daily vehicle inspection (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip), maintenance and repair reports, accident or incident reports
– Prepare the drill fluid based on site conditions prior to boring commencing
– In conjunction with locator, operate the directional drill using the selected bore heads and back reamers to place cables and/or duct
– Previous experience working around existing buried utilities
– Must have previous experience and be proficient in the operation of a Vermeer directional bore machine (or similar equipment) and associated locate set
– Good communication skills and ability to work in a team environment
– Valid Driver’s License (Class A with R or Z endorsement is required)
– Must be fully proficient with CVOR and Book 7 requirements
All applicants please forward your resume to be considered. Skilled Trades Agency would like to thank you for applying.