Posted: 3 February, 2022 Job Reference ID: 1289983 Location: Concord
job type: full time,permanent compensation: $29.15/hourly
Full-Time | Day & Night Shift (+$4 premium)
About the Company:
Our client is the leading backing plate manufacturer in North America. They have developed extensive experience in blanking and gained the largest market share in North America, South America and in Europe by offering the broadest aftermarket product line for brake pads and shoes.
They are seeking an Electrician to assist in the manufacturing process.
- Troubleshoot and maintain production equipment, which includes electrical, hydraulic, mechanic and pneumatic systems. Works from wiring diagrams, engineering drawings and equipment specifications
- Repair and replace electric and electronic components such as motors, contactors, relays, timers, any kind of switches, PLC’s, light curtains, motor controls, etc. Make calculations for load requirements for circuits and chooses appropriate size and grade components
- Run new power supply lines to new and relocated equipment according to Hydro codes and other applicable standards and regulations. Works to IEE wiring regulations, Electrical Safety Code and company codes
- Wire new control panels according to drawings, and verbal instructions considering Hydro Codes and other applicable standards, and regulations. Locates and diagnoses faults on electrical equipment or systems (may involve complex interlocking or inter-related circuits)
- Inform electrical supervisor about changes in electric circuits or updates the original diagrams. Work primarily on voltages up to 575V
- Read and interpret drawings and electrical code specifications to determine layout of industrial electrical equipment installations
- Install, examines, replaces and repairs electronic wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, cable assemblies, lighting fixtures and other electrical components
- Test electrical and electronic equipment and components for continuity, current, voltage and resistance
- Listen to information, experiences and knowledge passed on by previous shift maintenance employees, to ensure effective, non-repetitious problem solving and machine repair
- Maintain and adjust electrical supply and production equipment to maximize operating performance. Help\ to maintain electric spare part inventory levels in stock room
- Perform preventive and predictive maintenance on production and production supporting equipment as outlined in the individual work instructions
- Perform all electrical Preventive Maintenance related inspections, record results and reports results as per procedure.
- Able to do simple fabrication of mechanical components using toolroom equipment for bracketry and installation modifications of electrical devices
- Inform the supervisor to the best of his ability about unusual things, faulty design, unsafe conditions, missing parts, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by a Supervisor
- Valid Electrician’s license (442 or 309)
- Minimum High School Diploma
- Minimum 5 years experience in similar role, ideally in production orientated environment, with emphasis on stamping and forming processes
- Hands-on experience with hydraulics, pneumatics and mechanical theory
- Basic machine shop skills
- Ability to read and draw electrical and electronic schematics as well as read basic hydraulic and pneumatic circuits
- Ability to use programming devices for troubleshooting and modification of programs
- Ability to perform basic wiring work, conduit bending and control cabinet wiring
- Ability to identify causes of problems and develops methods to correct these problems
- Working knowledge of electric circuitry consisting of relays, PC and PLC logic (i.e. Allen Bradley, Omron)
Applicants please forward your resume to be considered. Skilled Trades Agency would like to thank you for applying.