Posted: 23 April, 2015 Job Reference ID: 7849030 Location: Mississauga
positions: Estimator job type: full time
Our client is a Canadian leader in manufacturing and distributing engineered solutions to some of the largest transportation and mining companies in the world. Operating since 1976, they specialize in providing construction companies with top-class industrial and emergency communications for large-scale projects. They have an impeccable reputation of completing hundreds of projects each year across North America and the world.
They are seeking a Estimator to join their team.
– Prepare proposals, quantity takeoff’s, and pricing
– Review scope of work, required contents, and historical data to determine accurate project estimates
– Analyze blueprints, drawings, and specifications
– Lead a team in securing potential bidding opportunities
– Communicate effectively with the management team regarding any complex issues, and makes recommendations to company standards and policies
– Maintain strong relationship with subcontractors and suppliers
– 3+ years of related experience in estimating and sales within the commercial sector
– Post-secondary diploma or degree related to Construction is an asset
– Ability to read and interpret drawings and specifications
– Strong knowledge of modern construction practices, techniques, and equipment
– Excellent communication and time management skills
– Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and estimating software
All applicants please forward your resume to be considered. Skilled Trades Agency would like to thank all for applying.