Posted: 17 September, 2018 Job Reference ID: 7015430 Location: Barrie
positions: Electrician job type: full time
Our client is a well established Canadian company that offers their services in facility management, operations and maintenance service across North America. With decades of experience and knowledge in their field they have built an excellent reputation and have proven their reliability to their clients continuously for many years. They have become one of the largest firms that specialize and manage the operation of data centers, healthcare facilities, commercial buildings, central utility plants and public private partnership projects.
They are currently seeking an Industrial Electrician to join their Barrie Location.
– Keep all operating electrical equipment in a safe and proper working condition
– Troubleshoot, test and repair electrical issues on equipment
– Conduct/oversee preventative/demand maintenance tasks on equipment such as building lighting systems, transfer switch, VFD, ballasts, motor control centres, breakers/switchboard components, fixtures, branch circuit wiring, transformers, capacitors, electrical and pneumatic control devices, etc.
– Oversee minor repairs/maintenance of UPS system
– Assist other employees/contractors/trades as required
– Maintain a clean work environment and follow proper PPE and Occupational Health and Safety standards and regulations
– Log work on ESA Contractor Services Program and work in compliance with Acts & Standards
– Other duties as assigned
– Ontario Electrical trade Certifications; 442A preferred
– Previous experience in facilities maintenance and operations; (Data Centre experience is an asset)
– Minimum 3 years experience maintaining and troubleshooting industrial/electrical equipment;
– Demonstrated capabilities re: accountability, judgement, decision-making, problem solving, etc.
– Proven ability to effectively interact with clients, tenants, management and staff
– Working knowledge of Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, Outlook
– Must be available to work overtime/occasional shift coverage
– Must have a valid driver’s license and ability to work at multiple locations
All applicants please forward your resume to be considered. Skilled Trades Agency would like to thank all for applying.