Posted: 31 May, 2018 Job Reference ID: 7049848 Location: Etobicoke
positions: Operator job type: full time
Our client is a recognized global leader in the custom architectural fabrication industry. They have been successfully operating for over 20 years servicing the areas in the commercial, institutional, hospitality, retail and residential markets and apply their focus on complex ceilings, feature walls, columns, facades, public art, custom lighting, furniture and full architectural environments. Their team consists of architects, industrial designers, interior designers, engineers, graphic designers, specialized fabricators and expert craftsmen.
They are seeking a CNC Laser Operator to join their team.
– Operating Amada CO2 Laser
– Check material thickness for accuracy and load material
– Setup and perform laser operations to specifications of the work order and fabrication prints and drawings
– Detect any irregularity which may cause defective products either through laser consumables or fixtures
– Minimum of 3 years work experience as a laser operator
– Experience checking work using micrometers, depth gauges, vernier and layout tools
– Able to read and interpret mechanical drawings, calculate bend deduction allowances, understand different metals and their strengths and weaknesses
– Ability to apply knowledge and expertise to follow and carry out instructions in written, oral or in diagram form
– Ability to work evening shifts
Other companies may title this position:
Machine Operator, CNC Operator, Laser Operator and Laser Machine Operator.
All applicants please forward your resume to be considered. Skilled Trades Agency would like to thank all for applying.