Posted: 8 September, 2015 Job Reference ID: 5980991 Location: Toronto
positions: Carpenter job type: full time
Our client is a pioneering leader in building energy-efficient homes using new innovative techniques that promote sustainability for the environment. Their philosophy entails ensuring that each custom home is build on four principles: energy efficiency, water conservation, waste management and air quality. Ultimately their goal is to provide customers with a plethora of green features that will save them money while perserving the environment.
They are currently seeaking a Lead Carpenter to join their team.
– Complete custom home projects within a specified time
– Supervise and direct staff and subcontractors to ensure specifications and schedules are followed
– Communicate with suppliers, clients, government agencies, and office staff on a regular basis
– Ensure that materials ordered and delivered, identify cost savings and assess quality of products
– Liaise with the President on new build initiatives
– Promote and enforce safety compliance throughout job site
– 3+ years of related experience
– Licensed Carpenter
– Ability to manage employees and subcontractors
– First Aid and CPR Certification
– Strong knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Legislation
– Valid driver’s license and own truck
– Strong knowledge of environment and green technologies an asset
– Ability to work evenings and weekends if required
All applicants please forward your resume to be considered. Skilled Trades Agency would like to thank all for applying.