Posted: 15 September, 2015 Job Reference ID: 6466114 Location: Toronto
positions: Carpenter job type: full time
Our client is an Ontario based contractor focused on handcrafted “Green” custom homes in Toronto. Building homes that often incorporate leading edge technology to actively manage energy usage to reduce waste in heating, cooling, lightin, and other energy demands. Key features of their projects include resiliency to extreme weather, redundancy in energy systems, and innovations in the construction of the building envelope.
Few companies have the credentials they have developed to build homes meeting the challenging specifications of certified Green construction, so their services are in demand throughout the GTA.
They are seeking a Lead Carpenter to join their team.
– Hands-on carpentry work
– Oversee the job site of a custom residential project to ensure successful completion
– Work closely with the President on timelines, challenges and decisions
– Ensure specifications and schedules are followed
– Ensure that materials ordered and delivered, identify cost savings and quality
– Liaise with the President on company initiatives
– Promote and enforce safety compliance throughout job site
– 5+ years of progressive construction experience, ideally with some supervisory experience
– Strong demonstrated work ethic and ability to product high quality carpentry efficiently
– Strong verbal communication and negotiation skills
– Demonstrated organizational and time management skills aided by technology
– Willingness to work throughout the GTA
– Strong knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Legislation
– Valid driver’s license and own truck
– Strong knowledge of environment and green technologies is an asset
All applicants please forward your resume to be considered. Skilled Trades Agency would like to thank all for applying.