Posted: 20 May, 2021 Job Reference ID: 6159866
positions: Locomotive Electrician job type: full time,permanent compensation: $27.72 -$34.50 /hourly
Permanent / Full Time
$27.72 -$34.50 /hourly
About the Company:
Our client is a large operator of short line and freight railways. Servicing more than three thousand clients they have grown to own fifteen thousand miles of railway in multiple countries. Operating for over a century they have grown to over seven thousand employees and provide their services to thirty major ports in the U.S. and Mexico.
They are seeking a Locomotive Electrician to troubleshoot and provide maintenance to their rail system components.
- Adhere to rules and regulations for safety , operations and Transport Canada
- Perform periodic and annual inspections
- Wire, maintain, repair, rebuild, inspect and install electrical equipment included but not limited to rheostats, control systems, transformers, motors, generators, electric lighting fixtures, cab heaters, batteries and their charging systems, speed recorders, air compressor controls, temperature switches, starters, axle generators, coils, contractors, relays and governors
- Responsible for preventative maintenance on all electrical components
- Troubleshoot and test single and three phase electrical systems on diesel electric locomotives
- Other duties assigned
- Certification in either the Electromechanical or Electrical field
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience
- Valid Driver’s License
- Positive attitude and excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate high level of autonomy and resourcefulness
- Experience or knowledge in programmable automation is considered an asset
All applicants please forward your resume to be considered. Skilled Trades Agency would like to thank you for applying.