Posted: 28 September, 2021 Job Reference ID: 9897863 Location: Concord
positions: Primary Machine Operator job type: full time,permanent compensation: $17.00/hourly
Full-Time | Afternoon (+.65 premium) and Night Shift (+3.15 premium)
About the Company:
Our client is a recognized leader in the manufacturing of backing steel plates. They offer their services to their loyal customers across the world such as BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Cadillac, Audi, Ford and many more. They have over 800 employees and four manufacturing plants and have built a strong reputation in their advanced technologies that meet their consumer’s needs.
They are seeking a Primary Machine Operator to assist in the manufacturing process.
- Operate stamping equipment to produce quality product that meets customer specifications
- Monitors part dimensions using a variety of measuring instruments, and performs visual inspection for defects
- Removes worn or damaged die components to be replaced or repaired, and re-install components as required
- Performs die set up and adjustment as required
- Completes production and inspection reports as required
- Manages daily production priorities based on customer requirements, while also supporting production schedule commitments to achieve business objectives
- Performs dimensional and visual inspections of first-off, in-process & final product to ensure compliance to applicable standards, using product drawings, blueprints and/or work orders
- Contains non-conforming product as per the applicable Quality procedure
- Shares information, experiences and knowledge with other press department employees with regards to preventive maintenance, problem symptoms, to ensure awareness, and effective, non-repetitious problem solving and machine repair
- Maintains safety standards of equipment and work area according to established procedures and as instructed by the Supervisor / Manager
- Actively participates in continuous improvement, dimensional quality concerns and customer issues, and supports departmental goals and objectives
- Ensures work area and machines are kept clean, organized and tidy at all times
- Stores equipment and tools properly when not in use
- Informs the supervisor to the best of his ability about unusual things, faulty design, unsafe conditions, missing parts, etc.
- Works in a cost-effective manner and maintains high standard of quality and excellent workmanship
- Perform all job functions in a safe and healthful manner, abiding by all health, safety and environmental rules and regulations including the use of personal protective equipment
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Supervisor / Manager
- Minimum High School
- Training would be provided
- Previous experience with Fine Blanking/punch press/stamping experience would be an asset
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with the use of a computer
- Contributes to a positive work environment by demonstrating and sharing functional / technical knowledge
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Be punctual, reliable and willing to work overtime if required
All applicants please forward your resume to be considered. Skilled Trades Agency would like to thank you for applying.