Posted: 23 February, 2021 Job Reference ID: 3215523
job type: full time,permanent
Permanent / Full-time
About the Company:
Our client is a large Canadian Company who is a recognized leader in providing trade services such as HVAC, mechanical, electrical, data cabling ,industrial automation and building for clients across Canada. Offering their clients solutions in project management, service delivery and facility management they have grown to own many operations in all major cities across Canada.
They are seeking a experienced Project Manager to join their team and maintain the ongoing projects in Scarborough, ON.
- Create and maintain project schedules for own projects and on behalf of other program and project managers
- Coordinate with functional operations leaders for field resources
- Provide input on drafting and issuing project proposals, RFP’s, budgets, cash flows, preliminary schedules, and presentations
- Collect and centralize documentation related to the project (e.g. regular status reports, time sheets, expense claims, etc.)
- Respond to stakeholders’ need for information
- Prepare project status reports resulting from regular governance review meetings
- Monitor and report on issues and risks associated with the targets and milestones of the project, and suggests and manages risk mitigation actions
- Update on risk registers, issue logs and decision logs and assists program and project managers with these tasks
- Effectively and accurately communicate on relevant project information to the project team
- Prepare project organization and communication charts
- In the absence of the project managers, ensures project continuity by maintaining contact with stakeholders to ensure progress towards project milestones. May be required to represent the manager at team meetings
- Issue Contracts, Letters of Intent, Purchase Orders, etc. at the direction of the project managers
- Review and make recommendations to the project managers on Contractor quotations, and helps the Business’s Finance and Project administration team(s) and ensure compliance with procurement policies and procedures
- Minimum of 5 years work-related experience in the industry
- Effective customer service as well as verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with MS Office applications
- Demonstrated coordination, organizational, interpersonal, and time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task, work within a fast paced environment, and prioritize conflicting demands
All applicants please forward your resume to be considered. Skilled Trades Agency would like to thank you for applying.