Posted: 30 September, 2021 Job Reference ID: 9380623 Location: Concord
positions: Primary Machine Operator job type: full time,permanent compensation: $17.00/hourly
Full-Time | Night Shift (+3.15 premium)
About the Company:
Our client is a recognized leader in the manufacturing of backing steel plates. They offer their services to their loyal customers across the world such as BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Cadillac, Audi, Ford and many more. They have over 800 employees and four manufacturing plants and have built a strong reputation in their advanced technologies that meet their consumer’s needs.
They are seeking a Secondary Machine Operator to assist in the manufacturing process.
- Operates machinery and performs work processes as assigned to produce quality product that meets customer specifications. Work processes performed may include:
- Setting up of the presses with proper material
- Punch press/coining
- Hydraulic press
- Completes production and inspection reports as required
- Manages daily production priorities based on customer requirements, while also supporting production schedule commitments to achieve business objectives
- Shares information, experiences and knowledge with other press department employees in regards to preventive maintenance, problem symptoms, to ensure awareness, and effective, non-repetitious problem solving and machine repair
- Maintains safety standards of equipment and work area according to established procedures and as instructed by the Supervisor / Manager.
- Actively participates in continuous improvement, dimensional quality concerns and customer issues, and supports departmental goals and objectives
- Ensures work area and machines are kept clean, organized and tidy at all times
- Stores equipment and tools properly when not in use
- Informs the supervisor to the best of his ability about unusual things, faulty design, unsafe conditions, missing parts, etc.
- Works in a cost-effective manner and maintains high standard of quality and excellent workmanship
- Perform all job functions in a safe and healthful manner, abiding by all health, safety and environmental rules and regulations including the use of personal protective equipment
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Supervisor / Manager
- Previous experience with secondary operations would be an asset
- Punch press experience would be an asset
- Must be able to understand, read and write in excellent English
- Contributes to a positive work environment by demonstrating and sharing functional / technical knowledge
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to work overtime if required
- Be punctual, reliable and willing to work flex hours
- Environment can be noisy and oily
All applicants please forward your resume to be considered. Skilled Trades Agency would like to thank you for applying.