Posted: 1 March, 2022 Job Reference ID: 5394057 Location: Ottawa
positions: Security Systems Estimator job type: full time,permanent compensation: Commensurate with experience
Full Time / Permanent
Commensurate with Experience
About the Company:
Our client is a leading company in networks and security systems integration. For more than 20 years they have been providing their clients with top notch service.
They are growing at a rapid pace and are currently seeking to add experienced estimators to their team.
- Analyze tender documents; security systems, construction as-builds, etc.
- Request separate quotations from vendors, subcontractors, and suppliers, per the scope of work
- Estimate costs to complete project
- Preparing proposals as per the requirements, provided documents, drawings, etc.
- Track and coordinate proposal timing, duration, and deadlines
- Meet with Estimating Supervisor, Project Manager(s), to discuss and provide explanation of project estimates to gain signatures/approval for profitable business
- Minimum of 5 years of industry related experience
- Undergraduate degree or college diploma from a building technology program or equivalent
- Possesses the ability to read plans and blueprints
- Experience with industry regulations, standards and building codes
- Computer proficiency with programs such as Microsoft Office, CadCam, SmartSheet, ServiCentre, Revit or related software
- Possess a valid driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract and has access to a vehicle, as this role requires travel and attending job sites as required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong planning and organization skills – Excellent negotiation and consulting skills
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
All applicants please forward your resume to be considered. Skilled Trades Agency would like to thank you for applying.