Posted: 5 July, 2017 Job Reference ID: 6514643 Location: Toronto
positions: Supervisor job type: permanent
Our client is an established residential developer/builder which provides a wide range of development and construction services for multi-million dollar projects across the GTA. They are looking to immediately fill the role of a Construction Site Superintendent for a low-rise townhome development in Markham, ON. The ideal candidate should have experience with low-rise residential projects starting in the excavation phase through completion/occupancy.
– Review projects plans of building designs and identify possible cost savings measures and/or potential construction issues
– Manage the day to day site operations for a low rise residential production project
– Coordinate, manage and monitor the project construction schedule on a weekly basis
– Maintain a high level of health and safety on site all times
– Ensure that assigned projects are completed according to contract documents and within the objectives set by the project schedule on budget
– Provide project updates to project manager as required
– All other duties required
– 10+ years of related experience, experience in a Skilled Trade is preferred
– Strong knowledge of the Ontario Health and Safety Act and the Ontario Building Code
– Experience supervising 2-4 or more construction projects simultaneously
– Ability to read and interpret blueprints and drawings
– Strong technical construction, communication and leadership skills
– Excellent oral and written communication skills
– Valid Driver’s License
– Certification in construction related trade is an asset
Salary is commensurate with experience.
All applicants please forward your resume to be considered. Skilled Trades Agency would like to thank all for applying.