Posted: 9 April, 2013 Job Reference ID: 5288208 Location: Toronto
positions: Supervisor job type: full time
Our client is seeking an experienced Site Supervisor for a new home developer of residential properties. The candidate will be responsible for overseeing all trades and effectively manage daily site activities.
The successful candidate must possess the knowledge and experience to liaison with the design team, consultants and directors while successfully directing sub-contractors and other construction related personnel in planning and coordination of residential developments.
- Assist in the preparation of the project schedule
- Review the project plans and specifications to comment on design, scheduling, possible cost savings aand foreseeable construction problems
- Contact, schedule and coordinate all sub-contractors, suppliers and utilities
- Raise and discuss relevant issues at the job site meetings
- Coordinate and direct independent testing and inspections as required
- Control and monitor labour, material and equipment expenses. Assist in the preparation of the monthly cost forecasting summaries
- Coordinate all required municipal inspecitons
To be considered for this position you must possess the following skills, attributes and abilities.
- Minimum 5 years experience as a Site Super on a new home development site
- College or university degree in a construction related field an asset
- Computer proficient
- Excellent organizational, presentation, and interpersonal skills