Posted: 30 August, 2021 Job Reference ID: 8316689 Location: Aurora
positions: Welder job type: full time,permanent compensation: Competitive and based on experience
Full – Time
Competitive annual salary
About the Company:
Our client is a custom steel fabrication and structural steel renovating company, serving the GTA and surrounding area. The company offers custom fabrication and welding services, that utilize a variety of metals, including steel and aluminum. They handle every step of every project from start to finish, including removal, manufacturing, and installation ensuring the highest quality of work.
They are currently hiring for an experienced Site Welder/Erector to join their growing team.
- Perform general ground procedures, steel structure assembly, raising and securing structural steel
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings, specifications and fitting as per engineers’ instructions
- Lifting and guiding components into position with cranes
- Lining up and levelling of all steelworks before bolting or welding it into place
- Work from mobile elevated work platforms to gain safe access to sections off the ground
- Work on the structure itself using proper working at heights procedures
- Loading / Offloading trucks and staging materials
- 3 – 5 years of related experience
- Must be comfortable working at heights
- Read and interpret blueprints and engineered drawings
- Must be a team player and possess a positive and professional attitude towards work and others
- Basic understanding of industry standard installation guidelines
- Safety training in: Ladder Safety, Fall Arrest, WHMIS, Safe Climbing, Rigging Techniques
- Have a valid G Class driver’s license
- Must be physically fit to handle heavy lifting, climbing ladders, etc.
All applicants please forward your resume to be considered. Skilled Trades Agency would like to thank you for applying.