Posted: 17 June, 2014 Job Reference ID: 6649308 Location: Brampton
positions: Coordinator job type: hold
Our client is a well-established construction company that has been operating for over 25 years. Completing projects throughout the Greater Toronto Area, they offer a complete envelope of construction services that include design/build, general contracting, project management and property management for the industrial, residential and commercial sectors. Our client holds itself to continuously improving quality standards and is growing rapidly having secured many projects for 2014.
They are seeking a Steel Fabrication Shop Coordinator to join their team.
- Direct contact and ongoing relationship with customers to source work, compile estimates, provide feedback, materials and labor, and part sketches
- Research field surveys and information while conducting inspection of equipment and diagnose procedures to determine problems and resolutions
- Compile documentation, detailed work specifications, time schedules, plans and drawings
- Utilize fabrication skills to manufacture, customize and modify components as per design specifications
- Provide technical expertise to solve problems, accommodate changes and to improve quality of work in progress
- Assist with administrative processing by ordering materials, solving billing issues and process permits
- 3+ years related experience
- Considerable knowledge of trades and equipment typical of a large-scale fabrication shop environment (welding, mechanist, millwright etc.)
- Knowledge of various materials, equipment and processes, and the ability to effectively utilize skills to solve complex customer problems and requirements
- Able to interpret plans and specifications, and to perform calculations required by the design and estimation process
- Skilled in operation of equipment and to apply acceptable standards of materials, design and quality, in the fabrication process
- Ability to prepare accurate estimates of time and material
Applicants please forward resume to be considered. Skilled Trades Agency would like to thank all for applying.