Posted: 24 February, 2021 Job Reference ID: 1753779 Location: Aurora
positions: Structural Steel Technician job type: full time,permanent
About the Company:
Our Client is a leader in custom fabrication and welding services that utilize a variety of metals, including steel and aluminum for their Commercial, institutional and industrial projects. Over 100 years of combined experience, they have been known for their excellent customer service and delivery of top-quality products to many industries across Canada.
They are seeking a Structural Steel Installer to join their team!
- Perform general ground procedures, steel structure assembly, raising and securing structural steel
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings, specifications and fitting as per engineers’ instructions
- Lifting and guiding components into position with cranes
- Lining up and levelling of all steelwork before bolting or welding it into place
- Work from mobile elevated work platforms to gain safe access to sections off the ground
- Work on the structure itself using proper working at heights procedures
- Loading / Offloading trucks and staging materials
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience with MIG and SMAW Certification
- Safety Training in: Working at Heights, Fall Arrest, WHMIS, Safe Climbing, Rigging Techniques
- Have a valid G Class driver’s license
- Must be physically fit and able to handle the rigorous tasks associated with the job (i.e.: heavy lifting, climbing ladders, out-of-position work, etc.)
All applicants please forward your resume to be considered. Skilled Trades Agency would like to thank you for applying.