Posted: 3 February, 2022 Job Reference ID: 6939840 Location: Concord
positions: Tool and Die Maker job type: full time,permanent compensation: $29.15/hourly
Full-Time | Day & Night Shift (+$4 premium)
About the Company:
Our client is the leading backing plate manufacturer in North America. They have developed extensive experience in blanking and gained the largest market share in North America, South America and in Europe by offering the broadest aftermarket product line for brake pads and shoes.
They are seeking a Tool & Die Maker to assist in the manufacturing process.
- Maintain and manufacture tools, dies and fixtures accurately to provide quality components at peak efficient levels
- Work on presses to diagnose cause of tool or die malfunction
- Set up and operate all Toolroom machines including lathes, milling machine, drill press, grinders, etc.
- Assist Set-Up Operators to set up and adjust presses to ensure parts are produced according to customer requirements
- Read and interpret blueprints and uses precision measuring instruments (imperial and metric). Performs bench work and skilled fitting to very close tolerances
- Manage daily priorities for attainment of customer satisfaction, while also meeting production schedule commitments to achieve business objectives
- Perform assigned tasks within given timeframes, and reports progress to Toolroom Manager or designate
- Actively participate in continuous improvement, dimensional quality concerns and customer issues, and supports departmental goals and objectives
- Perform all job functions in a safe and healthful manner, abiding by all Health, Safety and Environmental rules and regulations including the use of personal protective equipment
- Follow the guidelines and rules as set out by the Employee Handbook and Company policies.
- Contributes to a positive work environment by demonstrating and sharing functional / technical knowledge
- Work in a cost-effective manner and maintains high standard of quality and excellent workmanship
- Perform various other related duties as assigned
- High School Diploma
- Valid Ontario Tool and Die Maker Certificate
- 5 years experience building and / or improving stamping dies and transfer dies in an automotive production environment
- Good understanding of metrology, SPC level 2, Algebra and Geometry
- Ability to read and understand complicated blueprints
- Good working knowledge of GD&T
- Able to operate Toolroom equipment (lathe, grinding machine, milling machine, etc.) effectively and safely
Applicants please forward your resume to be considered. Skilled Trades Agency would like to thank you for applying.