Posted: 10 August, 2021 Job Reference ID: 1318585 Location: Aurora
positions: Welder job type: full time,permanent compensation: Offering competitive wages
Full-Time / Permanent
Commensurate with experience
About the Company:
Our client is a custom steel fabrication and structural steel renovating company, serving the GTA and surrounding area. The company offers custom fabrication and welding services, that utilize a variety of metals, including steel and aluminum. They handle every step of every project from start to finish, including removal, manufacturing and installation ensuring the highest quality of work.
They are currently hiring for an experienced Shop Fitter and Fabrication Welder to join their growing team.
- Fabricate and install the beams, columns, stairs, mezzanines, roof enforcements.
- Create and management of structural steel projects in residential housing, commercial walls overhead bridge cranes and others
- Interpret welding process specifications
- Operate manual or semi-automatic, fully automated welding equipment
- Determine weldability of materials
- Operate hoisting and lifting equipment
- Operate previously set-up welding machines to fabricate or repair metal parts and products
- Examine welds and ensure that they meet standards and/or
- Welder Trade Certificate a must (CWB preferred)
- Experience in the following welding techniques: SMAW, GTAW, TIG CWB certification (preferred)
- 3-5 year of experience in Custom fabrication, Machinery or equipment repair, Structural construction, Ornamental work, Fencing balconies, stairs, and railing, Arc welding machine (both gas and electrical) operation
- Strong attention to detail and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to identify priorities and act before receiving direction from management
- Positive attitude, honesty, and strong work ethics are the must
- Organized and flexible
- Ability to handle weights for up to 100 lb
All applicants please forward your resume to be considered. Skilled Trades Agency would like to thank you for applying.